IT DIRECTORATE - NEW DEVELOPMENTs
BEING EXECUTED] [NEW DEVELOPMENTS]
ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING (ERP) SYSTEM
ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. ERP is a way to integrate
the data and processes of an organization into one single system. In order
to achieve integration, ERP systems integrating various applications that
serve the needs of people in Finance, Billing, Material Management and
ERP combines all departments together into single, integrated software
that runs off a single database so that these departments can share information
and communicate with each other. People see the same information and can
update it in a sequential order. When one department finishes with a process,
it is automatically routed via the ERP system to the next department in
the sequence. This integrated approach can have a tremendous payback if
companies choose and implement the ERP solution.
Benefits of ERP
• Automation of major business processes
• Improved efficiency and reduced administrative time, effort and
• Timely information & decision support
• Real time business analysis
• Performance evaluation at any instant
• Elimination of repetitive activities and duplication of effort
• Availability of historic data for future forecasting
• Enhanced user interactivity and better utilization of resources
• Improved customer services
• Cross reference analysis
• Disaster recovery arrangements
Financial Accounting and Information System
• Financial Control
• Immediate Monthly Accounts.
• Instant financial analysis
• Online Cost center (drawing & disbursement offices) wise demand,
remittance & Account Head wise expenditure
• Instant payable/receivable analysis
• Multi-year accounting
• Budget & expenditure comparisons
• Bank Collection & Remittance Management (Realization on Company
& Accounting Unit Basis)
• Profit & Loss Statement
• Fixed Asset Management
• Pension/Fund Account Management
• Pension Disbursement
• Balance sheet
Material Management System
It will cover pre-purchase to post disposal and its immediate affect
on general ledger. The moment any file for procurement is moved, it will
also be available to Finance Director for financial vetting.
• Inventory Structure (Categories and Items)
• Suppliers record & their specialty in Products
• Annual Requirement Plan
• Ordering with Delivery Schedule
• Maximum/Minimum/Re-Order Levels
• Inventory Management
• Receipt (Supply, Repair, Transfer)
• Store Allocation (to Field Stores)
• Store Requisition
• Store Issue
• Transfers (Workshop, Regional Store, Field Store,
Other Dist. Companies)
• Store Returns specially with reference to M.C.O etc.
• Material Movement Analysis
• Inventory Tracking & Holding
• Disposal Order
• Disposal Issue
Human Resource Management System
Mostly HR & Admin activities from pre-hiring to post retirement have
approvals and financial impacts on company. All these will cover in ERP
system like salary, house acquisition, TA/DA, free supply, medical treatment,
• Recruitment Processing
o Application Management, to save time we can allow candidate
to apply online any time.
o Candidate Filtering
o Call Letter Issue
o Testing & Interviewing
• Career Profiling
o Personnel Data Management
o Job History
o Performance Review
o Change in shift/timings
o Disciplinary Cases/Actions
o Audit Para’s
o Training Courses & Examination
o ACRs, Service Book
• HR Analysis
• Sanctioned Strength
• Vacancy Statements
• Seniority List
• Retirement Forecast
• Vehicle control
• Complete picture of all vehicles with reference to
allocation, description, monthly expenditure on P.O.L etc.
• Disbursement Channel Management
• Pay Scale/Salary Group Management
Customer Information and Billing System
A brief of modules and sub-modules is given below.
• Customer Services
o Unique Customer ID Assignment, no UT cash even in multiple
change of reference.
o Automatic Bill Adjustment Processing, no complaint for
bill correction problems.
o Division and even Subdivision wise Billing (Need not to
wait for MR of all Divisions), more time for Bill payment.
o Possibility of One Demand Note for Capital Cost, Security
and Payment facility at any bank.
• Customer Information System
o Tariff and Customer Classification Management
o WAPDA Employee Management
o Change of Reference Management
o Infrastructure Rental Management
o Area/Block Wise Geographical Classification
• Power Sale & Billing System
o Billing information to Oracle Receivables for instant Balance
o Consumer Metering
i. Consumer Meter Reading, manual, MR entry
at Sub Div to avoid duplication of work & AMR interface option.
ii. Metering Adjustments with immediate revised
Bill and automatic adjustment processing.
• Bill Collection System
o Bank Collection, Remittance & Reconciliation (Various
• Line Losses System
o Company, Circle, Division, Sub-Division, Grid and Feeder
• Regulatory Reporting for NEPRA
• Provision of internet to all offices of LESCO is provided
• All division and subdivisions of Lahore are interconnected through
WAN (wide area network) to run ERP application.
• 273 sites are connected to data centre through different medium.
• Complaint Management System also runs on this Network.
• Different connectivity medium are
i. ViMax (sites within the city. Most of the branches are connected through
ii. Vsat (remote sites outside of the city)
iii. Fiber Optic (DR sites, DC sites)
• ISG 1000 firewall are used for security purposes.
A call center is a centralized location where customers can call to gather
information and register complains. Customers can receive general information
about the company, products and services, get account specific information
and inquire status of previous complaints.
Its agents are responsible for answering calls and providing information
and services to the customers. The call center supervisor provides assistance
to these agents in delivering services, evaluating and improving quality
A call center plays a critical role in a support and augmentation of various
functions of a business, making announcements, delivering messages and
Benefits for the Business
• Improve customer satisfaction, personalized services and agent
• Smart call routing and distribution to reduce caller wait time.
• Identify most frequent inquiries and complains.
• Knowing the quality of service and the satisfaction level of customer
• Measuring , monitoring and analyzing all functions of a call center
• Track any call, review customer interaction for conflict resolution
& performance evaluation
• Complete documentation of call volumes, caller and agent activities
• Know your good agents and the weak ones who require improvement
• Comprehensive reporting on agent performance, call center performance
Benefits for the Customer
• A single toll free number to receive the calls of customer
• Improved response time and quality of service by the service representative
• Personalized services
• Document each call interaction for future reference, analysis,
evaluation and monitoring
• Receive latest announcements and updates
• 24-hour access